Tuesday, July 17, 2018
22. let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water.
23. Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.
24. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
25. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
Hebrews 10:22-25 NLT
Monday, July 16, 2018
35. And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging:
36. And hearing the multitude pass by, he asked what it meant.
37. And they told him, that Jesus of Nazareth passeth by.
38. And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.
39. And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou son of David, have mercy on me.
40. And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him: and when he was come near, he asked him,
41. Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight.
42. And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.
43. And immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise unto God.
Luke 18:35-43 KJV
Sunday, July 15, 2018
6. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8. I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Luke 18:6-8 KJV
Saturday, July 14, 2018
The Most Important Commandment
34. But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees with his reply, they met together to question him again. 35. One of them, an expert in religious law, tried to trap him with this question: 36. "Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?"
37. Jesus replied, "'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.'[a] 38. This is the first and greatest commandment. 39. A second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b] 40. The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments."
22:37 Deut 6:5.
22:39 Lev 19:18.
Matthew 22:34-40 NLT
Friday, July 13, 2018
29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Romans 8:29-30 KJV
Thursday, July 12, 2018
24. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25. But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:24-28 KJV
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
1. I love you, Lord;
you are my strength.
2. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
Psalm 18:1-2 NLT
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
"What sorrow awaits the world, because it tempts people to sin. Temptations are inevitable, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting."
Matthew 18:7 NLT
Monday, July 9, 2018
And I tell you this, that many Gentiles will come from all over the world--from east and west--and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the feast in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Matthew 8:11 NLT
Sunday, July 8, 2018
1. Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2. "The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses.[a] 3. So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don't follow their example. For they don't practice what they teach."
23:2 Greek and the Pharisees sit in the seat of Moses.
Matthew 23:1-3 NLT
Saturday, July 7, 2018
26. If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
James 1:26-27 KJV
Friday, July 6, 2018
16. So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. 17. Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.[a] He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.[b] 18. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.[c]
1:17a Greek from above, from the Father of lights.
1:17b Some manuscripts read He never changes, as a shifting shadow does.
1:18 Greek we became a kind of firstfruit of his creatures.
James 1:16-18 NLT
Thursday, July 5, 2018
1. But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2. Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3. In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.
2 Peter 2:1-3 NLT
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
Psalm 33:12 KJV
New Living Translation (NLT)
King James Version (KJV)
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
American Standard Version (ASV)
The Message (MSG)