Tuesday, September 25, 2018
12. For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. 13. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.
Hebrews 4:12-13 NLT
Monday, September 24, 2018
Keep the commandments and keep your life;
despising them leads to death.
Proverbs 19:16 NLT
Sunday, September 23, 2018
1. For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
2. A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
3. A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4. A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
5. A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
6. A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7. A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
8. A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 NLT
Saturday, September 22, 2018
18. For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ. 19. They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth. 20. But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. 21. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control.
Philippians 3:18-21 NLT
Friday, September 21, 2018
7. I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. 8. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ 9. and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ.[a] For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith.
3:9 Or through the faithfulness of Christ.
Philippians 3:7-9 NLT
Thursday, September 20, 2018
17. And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
18. And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.
Mark 11:17-18 KJV
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
7. The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Psalm 121:7-8 KJV
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
1. I look up to the mountains--
does my help come from there?
2. My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth!
Psalm 121:1-2 NLT
Monday, September 17, 2018
In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me.
Psalm 120:1 KJV
Sunday, September 16, 2018
13. I have recited aloud
all the regulations you have given us.
14. I have rejoiced in your laws
as much as in riches.
15. I will study your commandments
and reflect on your ways.
16. I will delight in your decrees
and not forget your word.
Psalm 119:13-16 NLT
Saturday, September 15, 2018
9 How can a young person stay pure?
By obeying your word.
10. I have tried hard to find you--
don't let me wander from your commands.
11. I have hidden your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
12. I praise you, O Lord;
teach me your decrees.
Psalm 119:9-12 NLT
Friday, September 14, 2018
1. Joyful are people of integrity,
who follow the instructions of the Lord.
2. Joyful are those who obey his laws
and search for him with all their hearts.
3. They do not compromise with evil,
and they walk only in his paths.
4. You have charged us
to keep your commandments carefully.
5. Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your decrees!
6. Then I will not be ashamed
when I compare my life with your commands.
7. As I learn your righteous regulations,
I will thank you by living as I should!
8. I will obey your decrees.
Please don't give up on me!
Psalm 119:1-8 NLT
Thursday, September 13, 2018
The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
Proverbs 18:10 KJV
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
16. Just as you swallowed up my people
on my holy mountain,
so you and the surrounding nations
will swallow the punishment I pour out on you.
Yes, all you nations will drink and stagger
and disappear from history.
17. "But Jerusalem[a] will become a refuge for those who escape;
it will be a holy place.
And the people of Israel[b] will come back
to reclaim their inheritance.
17a Hebrew Mount Zion.
17b Hebrew house of Jacob; also in 18. See note on 10.
Obadiah 16-17 NLT
New Living Translation (NLT)
King James Version (KJV)
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
American Standard Version (ASV)
The Message (MSG)