Sunday, June 17, 2018
27. Look! The Lord is coming from far away,
burning with anger,
surrounded by thick, rising smoke.
His lips are filled with fury;
his words consume like fire.
28. His hot breath pours out like a flood
up to the neck of his enemies.
He will sift out the proud nations for destruction.
He will bridle them and lead them away to ruin.
Isaiah 30:27-28 NLT
Saturday, June 16, 2018
And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.
Isaiah 30:18 KJV
Friday, June 15, 2018
1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 23 KJV
Thursday, June 14, 2018
8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
37. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38. When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39. Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40. And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Matthew 25:37-40 KJV
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
9. Then God said to Jonah, "Is it right for you to be angry because the plant died?"
"Yes," Jonah retorted, "even angry enough to die!"
10. Then the Lord said, "You feel sorry about the plant, though you did nothing to put it there. It came quickly and died quickly. 11. But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness,[a] not to mention all the animals. Shouldn't I feel sorry for such a great city?"
Footnotes:4:11 Hebrew people who don't know their right hand from their left.
Jonah 4:9-11 NLT
Monday, June 11, 2018
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6 KJV
Sunday, June 10, 2018
15. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
1 John 2:15-17 KJV
Saturday, June 9, 2018
10. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11. So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isaiah 55:10-11 KJV
Friday, June 8, 2018
8. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV
Thursday, June 7, 2018
7. The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
8. But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies.
Nahum 1:7-8 KJV
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24 KJV
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
11. Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. 12. Then people who are not believers will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others.
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 NLT
Monday, June 4, 2018
For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people. He alone examines the motives of our hearts.
1 Thessalonians 2:4 NLT
New Living Translation (NLT)
King James Version (KJV)
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
American Standard Version (ASV)
The Message (MSG)