Monday, October 22, 2018
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
John 21:25 KJV
Sunday, October 21, 2018
17. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18. For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19. And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
Luke 22:17-20 KJV
Saturday, October 20, 2018
1. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:1-7 KJV
Friday, October 19, 2018
14. Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord.
15. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Joshua 24:14-15 KJV
Thursday, October 18, 2018
3. Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4. Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
5. To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Galatians 1:3-5 KJV
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
The Birth of Samson
1. Again the Israelites did evil in the Lord's sight, so the Lord handed them over to the Philistines, who oppressed them for forty years.
2 In those days a man named Manoah from the tribe of Dan lived in the town of Zorah. His wife was unable to become pregnant, and they had no children. 3 The angel of the Lord appeared to Manoah's wife and said, "Even though you have been unable to have children, you will soon become pregnant and give birth to a son. 4 So be careful; you must not drink wine or any other alcoholic drink nor eat any forbidden food.[a] 5 You will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and his hair must never be cut. For he will be dedicated to God as a Nazirite from birth. He will begin to rescue Israel from the Philistines."
13:4 Hebrew any unclean thing; also in 13:7, 14.
Judges 13:1-5 NLT
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
24. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Matthew 16:24-25 KJV
Monday, October 15, 2018
14. What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 15. Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, 16. and you say, "Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well" -- but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
17 So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.
James 2:14-17 NLT
Sunday, October 14, 2018
17. O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
18. Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
Psalm 71:17-18 KJV
Saturday, October 13, 2018
6. When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. 7. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. 8. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 9. And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's condemnation.
Romans 5:6-9 NLT
Friday, October 12, 2018
35. Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;
36. And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
37. And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
John 1:35-37 KJV
Thursday, October 11, 2018
8. "People from many nations will pass by the ruins of this city and say to one another, 'Why did the Lord destroy such a great city?' 9. And the answer will be, 'Because they violated their covenant with the Lord their God by worshiping other gods.'"
Jeremiah 22:8-9 NLT
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
8. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
2 People may be right in their own eyes,
but the Lord examines their heart.
Proverbs 21:2 NLT
New Living Translation (NLT)
King James Version (KJV)
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
American Standard Version (ASV)
The Message (MSG)